To our dear customers:
Casa Kalfu, is ready to start operations once the pandemic calms down. We are economically strong and financially ok. This last period has been one of the best years since the start of our operations, reaching an annual occupation in March 2020 of 78%, a high income and sustained growth in all available quality measurement indices in the industry. Likewise, we have grown in energy efficiency, with the transformation of our own laundry with rainwater supply and in heating / sanitary water with the efficient biomass KWB heating system. Savings close to 20% and keeping our zero carbon footprint and low emissions.
- Implementation of “rigid protocols” for sanitation in front desk, lobby, breakfast and specially in the romos, according to the standards of the Chilean Health Authority. Cross check with protocols of european hotel authorities and large hotel chains. We are making sanitization intensive training for all our staff.
- New hot water network with a solar collector project. Savings 20% per year. Entering a carbon footprint + cycle.
- Remodeling all our public areas and the latest existing old rooms.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: as we are convinced that we are nothing without our workers. C.K will keep your staff without layoffs
- Implementation of a new breakfast service to the room and / or snack to take away.
- Start-up of a new half-board system (breakfast + dinner).
Regarding our beloved Puerto Varas, Horacio, from his position as President of the Chamber of Commerce and Tourism, is fighting side by side for the permanence and good health of tourism companies and commerce in the region. We are working hard on the application of future protocols and all of them are very committed to the health of our people. It is a difficult time, where we all must be very strong, patient, resilient and very proactive.
The wish of all the staff of Casa Kalfu is to be able to serve you again, as always soon !
CARMEN & HORACIO